cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can eSIM only be transferred within hours 0800-2000?

littledesk
Active

As per $title. 

Within My3 (which is currently down for maintenance - anyone else experiencing this?) whilst I'm able to request an eSIM swap to a new device, if the request isn't made between 0800-2000 (UK local time), then whilst you receive an email stating your order is complete, it doesn't actually complete! You never receive the email with SIM QR code and Confirmation code. Beyond infuriating.

The *moment* the time hits 0800 I can submit the same request and within seconds have the QR code and confirmation code.

Why is Three enforcing this insane rule? 

8 REPLIES 8
littledesk
Active

..and look, right on queue. It’s 0831 and eSIM activation emails are being sent again. This is absurd. 

3 - fix it! Self service for esim is not working for 12 hours each day! 

garetc
Involved

I had the same experience a week or so ago.

I ordered a replacement SIM and nothing happened so I re-ordered and again nothing happened then the next day at 8am I got 2 eSIM QR codes sent to me.

Pretty strange, I wonder if it's to prevent highjacking or if you SIM is stolen at least you can call and get through to someone.

littledesk
Active

Thanks for confirming @garetc.Noticeably I did NOT experience what you did regarding two SIMs sent at 08h00 the next day. I just receive NO emails outside 08h-20h UK local time. 

NB: If you request an eSIM replacement and DON'T activate the QR code, your existing eSIM will cease a few hours later! They're so close to a great eSIM implementation, yet there are issues with it still. Getting this to anyone at 3 is impossible as their front line employees are all off shored to India where employee performance is dismally poor. 

garetc
Involved

I don't care where they are just as long as you can get through to someone! 

littledesk
Active

I do. Offshored staff _always_ provide an *abysmal* experience. This is true in 3's case, just as it is in every companies case that offshores. Their business hours are also lousy. Either way, they need to fix this eSIM issue. 

littledesk
Active

..scrap that. I just got a flood of previous eSIM requests made >24h ago come through. This system is still a mess. 

Lifeguard7466
Regular

You always will get two just incase the first one dont work or you might not understand Esim and accidentally reset the Esim And Completely Delete It It's Very easy to do on your settings sso keep the QR code somewhere safe if downloaded put it in your safe folder in your photos, Am with three but also tesco mobile and they actually send you the QR card though the post as its very risky downloading items like this and getting into the wrong hands 

littledesk
Active

Total nonsense. Once an activation string is used it cannot be re-used. The QR code is worthless; it just contains the activation URL (which does not change). 

Am with three but also tesco mobile and they actually send you the QR card though the post as its very risky downloading items like this and getting into the wrong hands 

More utter nonsense.