cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data pack not working

KP59
Fledgling

I bought a data pack that does not run out until 29th March, (it is now the 14th and has been going on since the 6th March) but I cannot text or make calls or receive texts or calls as it says "this call cannot be completed as your account balance is too low" to top up etc. etc. how is this happening and how can I fix it ? I can get internet and use whatsapp?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KP59,

Sorry for the delay in picking up on your post. It sounds like you may have a data add on (which only adds data), rather than a data pack (Unlimited calls, texts, and a data amount based on the pack's value). There's more info available on our PAYG support page.

In either case, as the message is suggesting you don't have the balance. It's best to get in touch with customer services. They'll be able to confirm what went wrong, whether your pack allowances haven't registered properly, or if you've inadvertently bought the wrong add on.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PAYG sim on wife's phone had 10gb data pack added less than 2 weeks ago. Having mostly used wifi for communications up until today, she turned on to use mobile data (expecting to possibly send a couple of photos). Sent one photo and a message and instantly received a message saying that the 10gb was more than 90% used and advising her to buy another 10gb data pack. No way that's going to happen, but why are there so many problems with these packs? They seriously aren't worth buying as we had a similar issue with a pack last year. She turns off mobile data use for virtually all apps and backups, so it appears that the sim registers that the allowance is used as soon as the mobile data is switched on.

Total rubbish

DanniD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear your wife has been having trouble with this. Certainly not what you'd expect if WiFi has mostly been used. 

Please get in touch with the customer service team that Jonathan has linked on this thread. They'll be able to investigate this further to see what's going on and help out. 

They can also log a complaint for you and pass along the feedback about your experience from there.

Thanks
Danni