Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM for pay-as-you-go

NFH
Active

Three made a number of public statements on Twitter about its support for eSIM:

It's almost 3 years since Three announced eSIM had been launched on 25th September 2020, which turned out to be a botched launch that was withdrawn during subsequent weeks. Three later referred to the botched eSIM launch as a "trial", even though the trial had already taken place in June and July 2020.

Although eSIM was relaunched for new tariffs in January 2023 and for existing pay monthly tariffs in August 2023, it remains unavailable for pay-as-you-go customers. Will this omission be rectified before the 3-year anniversary of Three's public announcement of support for eSIM?

What is causing this ongoing 3-year delay? How much longer do we need to wait? Another 3 years?

4 REPLIES 4
Clever-Trevor
Involved

I guess you will be long gone before we see a pay-Go e-sim - I use, Ubigi as easy to install & works great.

NFH
Active

I want my everyday Three UK number on an eSIM so that I can always receive phone calls, as well as two-factor authentication SMSs from organisations, while I am using another physical SIM card in my iPhone. At the moment, I have to remove my Three UK SIM card whenever I am using another physical SIM card, for example when travelling, with the result that I miss incoming calls and I can't receive two-factor authentication SMSs from organisations. I don't see how Ubigi solves this.

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Ubigi ( or an e-sim ) solves exactly that for me. 

As iPhone & others allow 2 sims to run simultaneously- (one physical -Three SIM & one -Ubigi e-sim ) so I set Ubigi to run data ( Three SIM data off )  & then Three sim still runs for receiving calls but for roaming incoming & any (MFA) sms 

Hope this helps

NFH
Active

No, this doens't help at all. How does Ubigi help me to operate my Three UK number and my Three Ireland number simultaneously in my iPhone? Three UK doesn't support eSIM on prepaid, and Three Ireland still doesn't support eSIM at all. At least one of the two numbers needs to be on an eSIM.