cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple breaches of law by three and refusal to acknowledge/resolve

bonfolk79
Fledgling

current situation: 2 debt collection agencies after me for an account that does not exist. refusal to resolve the issue on phone, in store, and refusal to even acknowledge an official complaint.

history:
received a SMS message regarding my request to port number and to report if it was not me.
immediately called to say it wasn't me and was told not to worry, the port will not happen and i do not need to do anything further.
30 days later received SMS to say number had been ported (to a scammer)
scammer then uses number to hack into multiple accounts and cause me no end of distress and hassle.
phone three to complain and they send me a new sim (i do not want a new sim, obviously i am not going to continue with a company who allowed this to happen.
receive a bill for new (unused sim)
phone to complain, refuse to speak to me beacuse NOW there are security measures in place (where were the security measures when needed?)
phone multiple times to resolve the issue and get refused to speak to each time.
i go in store (twice) to resolve the issue and am told nothing they can do (however they tell me that the account should have been cancelled, but because of your change in system my account was wrongly carried over which is why i am receiving bills)
file a complaint online, complaint refused to be acknowledged due to security issues. told i need to go in store.

the amount of laws broken here by three is crazy, the amount of distress caused is unbelievable, the customer service is absolutely shocking. this is my last attempt to resolve and receive compensation before filing a small claims case.

i need someone in the UK who is a manager and speaks English to call me and resolve this issue within the next 14 days before a small claims court is filed. (i do not have access to the three number on my account as i am no longer a customer)

to be clear:
three illegally ported my number to a scammer despite being warned.
three illegally set up a new account in my name without my permission. (which has never been used)
three illegally sent a non existant debt to TWO seperated debt collection agencies who have been houding me non stop for months despite me filing a proof of debt request with them.
three have repeatedly illegally refused to resolve the matter with me by phone, email and in store.

2 REPLIES 2
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @bonfolk79 

I'm really sorry that this has happened. Totally appreciate the concern here. 

We're happy to help get this investigated and to get this escalated and I'll send you a PM with some info on how to get in touch with a team that can help. 

PAC fraud is a really frustrating thing, however, to be clear. This fraud was instigated by a 3rd party who already had access to all of your personal information and wasn't something that Three did. 

Porting is a regulated action and in recent years guidelines set by Ofcom have meant that a network provider cannot refuse or decline to provide a PAC. 

It's clear that there have been some issues with how matters have been handled and we'll be happy to investigate this further. More details on this will be provided in the PM.

Thanks

John D

bonfolk79
Fledgling

no this is not the case at all, it was entirely the fault of Three, you were contacted immediately by myself and told not to port the number. you did it anyway 30 days later.