cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number hasnt transfered to new phone

GerryM
Fledgling

I purchased another phone from 3 yesterday "I haven't changed provider" but my number has not transferred to my new phone.

Thanks in advance

Gerry

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAYG or as I suspect pay monthly? If it’s pay monthly I’d have to ask why you didn’t just upgrade. Or perhaps you did. Please elaborate as to your exact dilemma and we’ll try to help.

GerryM
Fledgling

Yes, I did upgrade.........still have no joy, and still ringing my old phone 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well with respect that’s hardly elaboration  so anything we say on here would be guesswork which isn’t fair on you. Best you contact customer service as they’ll have access to your account whereas this forum doesn’t.

MZone
Superstar

Pretty sure if you upgrade you just put your old SIM card in your new phone and carry on. If you ordered online they sometimes send you a free PAYG SIM with it so you can give to a friend/family member so have you put that in the new phone instead?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's right, we may also send a "replacement SIM" but that's more just to cover if moving between two phones which take different sizes. As Nano SIMs have been standard for many years now, it's rare to actually need a SIM replacement when upgrading.

So no need to actually activate a new SIM unless the old one isn't working, or is the wrong size for the new device.

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here