Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[solved] Home Broadband Notice Period

Spud
Involved

Background: A while ago I bagged a bunch of LycaMobile 30-day unlimited data SIMs for £3 each that have to be used before 2025, so I want to quit Three when our minimum term ends and join again in 2025.

Our 24 month minimum period expires in a couple of months and I want to end the contract then. Terms and conditions specify "at least 30 days notice".

I phoned Customer Support a few days ago. Clueless guy was convinced I needed to cancel on the day our minimum term expired; that would mean another 30 days.

Phoned 500 yesterday and got a different answer. I was told I could not give notice until 37 days max before I wanted to cancel. I told him this is an arbitrary and short window that is not in the Ts & Cs.  They said they would phone me between 37 and 30 days before expiry, but I put in a complaint which included giving notice.

This morning I got a phone call from a member of the complaints team who was simply able to update the system there and then that notice has been given to end the contract on the day the minimum term expires. All detailed in a follow-up email with a contact number should things not pan out on the day. Brilliant - the result I expected on day one.

So, banged my head against the wall twice before getting through to the right person.

The actual broadband has been a stellar performer!

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Spud,

Glad to hear you did got this sorted, and thanks for calling out the Broadband service itself has been great!

From a policy point of view we process a 30 day notice, and the team can amend this to 38 days under the process, I believe this is a process rather than system limitation. I can see where you're coming from in terms of saying this is arbitrary. Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this along.

I hope we do see you again next year as you say, if you go ahead with the cancellation.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!