cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Home Broadband no longer available

GB1970
Fledgling

I have had Home Broadband from 3 for nearly 4 years using in my garden office - I have a Sercomm 4G Plus router LTE2122GR. I also transfer the sim to my ipad when traveling!  Contract coming to an end and went to discuss options to be told that 4G home Broadband is no longer available to me and nor is 5G. 

I started with 4G (having converted from an iPad with a mobile sim that I had for over 5 years before that!) and then went 4G Plus 2 years ago but had noticed the speed has been dropping this year well below the contracted minimum which is another story!

The only suggestion they have offered is the mifi device which I really don't want as I have a number of devices connected to the current router by cable due to local wifi interference.

Speaking to the shop and the customer service team they can't give me any other suggestions other than to continue with current router and plan hoping that it still continues to work - anyone have any other suggestions? Would taking the mifi option and then using the sim card in the current router work?

1 REPLY 1
GB1970
Fledgling

Just checked on the business site and it offers me a 5G router ready for 4G for less than I currently pay for home use!  Will have to check that out with the local shop! Most of my use is working from home!