cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on Three 5G Hub NR5103E?

Nickymidds
Fledgling

Hello, 

I'm not very tech savvy....I have the 5G Hub NR5103E, and have two eufy devices: a smart hoover and smart scales. I have been unsuccessfully trying to connect these to my wifi, and noted in one unsuccessful attempt a message came up advising that the devices only connect on 2.4ghz and not 5ghz network. I believe the hub is a 5ghz. 

My question is: is there any way to get a 2.4ghz connection via this hub so I can use my devices? 

I'd be very grateful for any pointers/advice! 😊

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

Dual band device as far as I know, so you need to ferret around in router settings to make sure both bands are selected.

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @Nickymidds 

Thanks for reaching out and for providing those details. 

As the 5G Hub NR5103E is a dual-band hub, it may be possible to disable 5GHz on the device via the below steps:

1) From the app's Home screen, tap the Network tab.

2) Tap the Wi-Fi tab.

3) Tap Configure Wi-Fi.

4) If your 5G hub's 2.4 and 5GHz bands are merged, you'll have to unmerge them to disable the 5GHz band. Tap the switch next to Merge 2.4 and 5GHz bands to unmerge the two Wi-Fi bands. Please note: doing this may disconnect you from the current network and take a few minutes to reconnect automatically.

5) Once you're reconnected to the network, you should now see 2.4GHz and 5GHz have separated. Tap 5GHz.

6) Tap the switch to disable the 5GHz band.

7) Tap Save changes.

This should then default to the 2.4GHz band. 

Please feel free to use our Device Support page for any additional help with your Hub.

Thanks,
Michael