cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Mobile Broadband - slows every 15 mins

Mdf
Fledgling

Hi,

Our 4G mobile home broadband connection slows down or stops every 15 mins throughout the day.  Is most noticeable on Teams calls where there are bad network quality messages and hung calls lasting a few seconds every 15 mins.  Occurs on the hour and then every 15 mins (so 12:00, 12:15, 12:45, 13:00 etc).  Have tried new SIM, connecting via ethernet rather than WiFi and alternative device as router with no joy with technical support helpline and on the verge of cancelling contract.  Am using internet connection log and monitor to track how often this is happening.  Any suggestions very welcome!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mdf
Fledgling

Wow - just been told by customer support that they won't esculate this issue to networks team at 3 and have suggested I cancel my contract.  Sounds like it's too difficult to look into.  Good luck to anyone else who experiences the same thing !!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mdf,

That's really disappointing to hear. Did the team confirm, or have you been able to check our Network Status to see if this seems to relate to a local issue we're working on? How long has this issue been happening for now?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mdf
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB  - we noticed it around June time and reported it in July when I saw a pattern.  Support said they were passing to Networks team at the end of July (after checking Network status trying new SIM etc) but we didn't get any response/follow up and issue continued.  Tried reporting it again and Support checked network status, then said would have to go to networks team.  Given this may take a long time and may not resolve the issue Support offered to end the contract and sugegsted that was best course of action !!!  If we could get this issue fixed am happy with the rest of the 4G broadband.  Really weird issue - have a connection log and can see it dropped connection every 15 mins (e.g. dropped for a second or so at  6:15:17 AM, 6:30:17 AM, 6:45:17 AM etc etc).  Fine if steaming (buffering means it doesn't show), but not for Teams calls