cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband KT10

NewbieHere
Active

I’ve had 5G home broadband in KT10 since Aug 2021 & I was completely satisfied with performance. 2 Months ago it became virtually unusable for broadband & the 3 network checker indicated that “infrastructure work” was being carried out on local masts. There is no indication of when this work is scheduled to complete . To be fair, 3 have credited me with the equivalent of 1months charges but I was rather alarmed to see on the 3 website that 5g broadband is no longer being offered to new customers in KT10 .

Is this just a temporary hold whilst the infrastructure upgrade continues or something more sinister?

It really would be helpful if 3 would come clean & tell me how long they expect it to take to complete the upgrade & restore 5g broadband service to me in KT10.

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @NewbieHere,

I sent you a further Private Message yesterday, have you seen that yet? If not, have a check and follow the steps to connect with us directly. We'll take another look at this for you. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @NewbieHere,

I sent you a further Private Message yesterday, have you seen that yet? If not, have a check and follow the steps to connect with us directly. We'll take another look at this for you. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

NewbieHere
Active

Thanks StephB, your suggestion is much appreciated. I spoke to Alistair on webchat & he was very helpful. Thankyou

NewbieHere
Active

just an update in case anyone is interested.

three have agreed to cancel my 5g broadband contract without penalty because it’s been virtually unusable for 11 weeks & there is no indication of when the ongoing engineering work is scheduled to be completed. I’m sad to be leaving  three 5g broadband, the service was great whilst it lasted.

SilentBird1526
Fledgling

Seams like the same thing is happening with the new 5g home broadband. No fix, no response.