cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason)

Grum
Regular

HI,

I have had 3 5G home broad band for almost a year, never had any issues until the firmware upgraded to B12. For no reason at all it drops the internet, all lights remain on, 5 to 10 mins later it comes back on, or reboot to come back on quicker.

Never had any issues prior to this upgrade. Called three sent a replacement router, as soon as the firmware updated exactly the same issue, called again and the answer was do you want to cancel your contract. They seemed shocked i said no I want it fixed.

Is this being looked into, clearly there is a problem with the latest firmware

54 REPLIES 54
Stairparker
Fledgling

Has this situation been resolved or do 3 replace the hub?

michaelgrimes92
Fledgling

I too am experiencing this issue wit ha ZTE, multiple times a day, and now every few reboots it loses the network for 10 mins to an hour. MY phone is on the same service and doesn't lose 5g or 4g signal so I know it is the ZTE box. 

BSPlym
Fledgling

Now in 2024, has this issue been resolved? I too am experiencing multiple dropouts throughout the day with only a reboot bringing back service. I have had the router since September last year, the first 3 months were fine but after that the dropouts have become more and more frequent.

Stairparker
Fledgling

Tech service at Three are rubbish. After they replaced my ZYXEL NR5103e with the same model, same thing, kept dropping out. Went to my local 3 shop and asked for a replacenent router but a different model. They gave me a MC888 and guess what , it works no drop outs. I sure 3 know there is a problem but are unable to fix it. 

stevekn
Involved

what did you get t replaced with, i'm getting severe drops a day from my ZTE 5G modem.

did you just turn up at the shop?

I suspect the problem is not the modem but th 5G is over subscribed ?

Neil
Active

The dropping connection on pretty much all their routers is an absolute joke and means you get an abysmal service. 

What's worse is when you speak to support they gaslight you and make you think you're the first person to experience this.

A work colleague moved from Three to EE and says he hasn't had a single dropped connection since, so maybe that's the route to take...

adamjphillips93
Fledgling

Just joining this thread now, know it's a bit old but I'm experiencing this now! Did you find any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Chonobataar
Fledgling

I have this issue now. The internet remains connected, but after 10-15 minutes, it disconnects for a few seconds and then reconnects. This has happened since 2 days ago now... it has been completely fine these past months. I am using a wired connection (Ethernet wire).

With Tech support on the phone, we tried to trouble shoot the problem, and were able to determine that it was not a signal issue, nor a problem with the sim card. It can only be 2 things: The Ethernet Wire, or the Hub, something to test, if only I had a secondary hub.

shanewhite
Fledgling

@JonathanB I and it seems many others continue to have this issue. The NR5103E hub seems broken and what I can see there has been nothing done at Three for a long time. Any advice? Otherwise I will cancel and or sue in case Three is really trying to charge me the early cancelation fee. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

The best advice would be to continue to work with the Home Broadband Team in relation to the issues you've experienced. They are able to run tests that can't be run here, and are able to document the issues you're having onto the account. This will help them to better understand the issues and the timeline, and they can explore the available options with you. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.