cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason)

Grum
Regular

HI,

I have had 3 5G home broad band for almost a year, never had any issues until the firmware upgraded to B12. For no reason at all it drops the internet, all lights remain on, 5 to 10 mins later it comes back on, or reboot to come back on quicker.

Never had any issues prior to this upgrade. Called three sent a replacement router, as soon as the firmware updated exactly the same issue, called again and the answer was do you want to cancel your contract. They seemed shocked i said no I want it fixed.

Is this being looked into, clearly there is a problem with the latest firmware

45 REPLIES 45
crypt0ninja
Established

Hi @Grum 

Are you referring to the Zyxel router or the ZTE router when you make reference to the b12 firmware?

Grum
Regular

Hi @crypt0ninja 

It's the ZTE.

Currently in shock, call three and all they want to do is cancel the contract or for me to contact the manufacturer to try and resolve myself.

Terrible service

stevekn
Involved

I contacted the manufacture and they just referred men back to there...

My ZTE modem drops out several times a day ( no incoming data, but shows export)

A restart always reconnects the internet, tedious especially when streaming, or downloading.

Hovertree
Active

Hi, a number of users including me are experiencing this with the ZTE modem since the B12 update - see the thread here https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/5G-Broadband-dropouts/td-p/6687/page/3 

Grum
Regular

@JonathanB please can you help, the three support team have no idea on this

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Grum,

Thanks for highlighting that you've also been seeing these intermittent drop outs on the ZTE. There does seem to be a few users mentioning this, and many of which have reported it to be about the same time as the last firmware update.

I'll reach out to you and everyone on this thread, and the 5G Broadband dropouts thread by private message for some info we can use to trace this issue. I did try this previously but only got a couple of responses so we've not been able to investigate as thoroughly as we'd like to.

To access your private messages. click on your avatar in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

I hope to hear back from you soon,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

bathugeo
Regular

Hi, I'm getting this problem too.  Initially 3 told me it was due to reception in my area which didn't make any sense.  Then they agreed to change the unit but I am still getting the fault.  I also believe it is a firmware issue. 

StefanD
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

I have just got a brand new 5G Broadband Hub from Three, with the Zyxel NR5103e router... and also experiencing these intermittent service 'drop-outs'. Firmware looks to be B14. All the lights still connected on the router, but any connected devices cannot connect to the internet... Restarting the router fixes the issue, but clearly this is not a long-term solution. 

Splitting out the 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ band seemed to have helped for about 5 days (no connection drop-out)... but then it dropped out again....

Any thoughts on this? Are users still experiencing this issue, and is there a fix?

thanks

SD

stevekn
Involved

Im still getting these dropouts with the ZTE modem ( with a good 5G signal) several times a day ( download signal 0.0 Mbs but upload seems to have a small amount of data)

A restart immediately returns the internet !

Ive contacted ZTE and the said its threes problem !