cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G slowed from 800 to 80

Gatecrasher63
Fledgling

Had ZTE801 for almost a year. Regularly had 79db signal and gives 800Mbs.  Which incidentally my phone still does.

Few weeks ago started doing from 800 to 80.  A reboot and it's back to 800.  An hour later back to 80-100.

A week ago it's at 80 and reboot does nothing.  Same strong 5G signal, just slower

They suggested a new SIM. No better

They have factory reset it.  I've tried in Wireless mode and bridge mode, never going much above 100Mbs.  Phone still gives 750Mbs say on the shelf next to it, if I test it

Chat support refuses to raise a replacement, they say they can't

What do I do?  Can a 3 shop do a replacement or am I wasting my time trying.

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Phone speed and broadband speed are not the same and high speeds on one dies not mean high speeds on the other.

Spud
Involved

Are you saying three.co.uk APN might be worth trying rather than 3internet?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Spud,

It really depends on what you're using the service for. three.co.uk does use CGNAT so certain Broadband features won't work as intended. I can't see the harm in trying on a case by case basis though.

I've had feedback from some users that three.co.uk APN can be faster, but it's not the intended APN for a Home Broadband service. It is intended for mobile apps and browsing, whereas 3internet is configured for routers.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Benih
Fledgling

I have exactly the same experience, I’m in South Yorkshire in rural part, my router dies a few times every day and I’ve tired 5 times to get a replacement (yes, 5), but support just don’t seem able to arrange the swap, they put the phone down and it goes no where. I feel so helpless, they don’t care, and there is nothing I can do. The broadband now stutters to stream every evening now, the performance and router issue are driving me back to my 35mbit fixed line. At my wits end, loved it 12 months ago, but its the same story as 3G and 4G, eventually they oversaturate the network to the point of failure and people switch.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gatecrasher63@Benih,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been dealing with these reduced speeds.

Are we showing any issues in the area on our Network Status Checker?

Have you both been escalated to the 2nd line tech teams? Are you going through the help lines for Broadband customers on our contact us page?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.