cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Mast no longer operational

Jollycity
Fledgling

I moved to Three Broadband around 9 months ago having checked speeds with my own 5G Router.

I have been very impressed with data speeds. Varying between 60 and 150mbps.

Recently It appears that my my local mast is no longer broadcasting a signal. I am now connected to a more distant mast which provides a just about usable signal.Is there any way to find out if my local mast is temporarily down or has been permanently decommissioned? It will influence what I do with going forward

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Jollycity. 

Reduced performance can be a pain, hopefully it isn't a decommissioned mast. 

You can use the Three Service Status checker here to see if there's any known issues in the area. If there is an issue, it might be a sign that things are being fixed. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jollycity
Fledgling

Thank you. There is no issue reported. I believe the mast has been decommissioned. I am not only able to receive a 4G signal which averages 7mbps. I can no longer stream video without buffering 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jollycity,

That's really disappointing to hear. I'll PM you in case we can find anything more out.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

metoo6000
Regular

Hi Jonathan, 

I have a similar experience with Jollycity, so I posted my problem in the forum yesterday. Could you also help me find out if my local mast is temporarily down or has been permanently decommissioned?