cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Hub NR5103E dropping LAN port

Kevwelhamster
Regular

Hi ..Ive had the 5g hub for a year and since the b14 firmware upgrade the LAN port is always losing connectivity. I have to restore the device using the web login .Ive been advised by Three tech support that this is due to upgrade works on the network in my area ?? Is this a fob off ? im also unable to wifi connect my Naim Muso streamer via the Naim app. This whole connectivity issue has been perfect for a year until I believe the firmware upgrade ? Any suggestions please. My area is Bracknell ,Berks

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kevwelhamster,

I'm sorry to hear about these connectivity issues since the last update. I'm not sure if it'll be the exact same issue but quite a few community members were able to fix issues using info from this thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

There's instructions listed on how to set the APN manually to 3internet and use IPv4 only which seems to be sorting most of these sorts of issues out.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Dazzar
Established

This explains the exact situation I have , and since I run a mesh network from the said port  this is a constant issue.

Dazzar
Established

Oh and I’m in Kent

Kevwelhamster
Regular

Surely this cannot be acceptable and Three need to deal with this .Its driving me mad 

Dazzar
Established

Well it’s clearly not your mast 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kevwelhamster,

I'm sorry to hear about these connectivity issues since the last update. I'm not sure if it'll be the exact same issue but quite a few community members were able to fix issues using info from this thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

There's instructions listed on how to set the APN manually to 3internet and use IPv4 only which seems to be sorting most of these sorts of issues out.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Kevwelhamster
Regular

Hi @JonathanB 

I have been running these changes (turning off IPv6 settings to both the LAN side and firewall , APN set to manual) for the last 2 days and hey presto my LAN port is stable and hasn't dropped .

Thankyou

stevekn
Involved

iv done the same with my ZTE modem., ( even tried bridge mode) it still drop incoming internet 0.0 Mbs several times a day ( the modem dashboard still shows a little upload speed)

Drops  occur throughout the day and night, annoying when streaming a movie or watching live sport. 

not acceptable.