cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g, down to 4g, down to no Internet, been happening multiple times per hour for last few weeks

Pasta_1978
Fledgling

Zte 5g router. 

For the last few weeks the internet has become almost unusable as the signal will drop to 4g then to no Internet, and come back after around 5 minutes. This happens multiple times per hour. 

I spoke to the assistant on the chat but they said they cannot help with such issues. Does anyone else have similar problems? This is in East London 

• 5G
5 REPLIES 5
Pasta_1978
Fledgling

Currrlent speed test getting few hundred kbps

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Check your postcode on Three's network status page to see if any maintenance works are happening.

Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support | Three

Pasta_1978
Fledgling

network checker says they are fixing an issue in the area (been like this last few weeks). I called three and they said there are no issues in my area and this message is only shown because the area does not have full 5g coverage. I am very sceptical of the information they gave me on the phone.

The network coverage map on Three shows my area supports 5G.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pasta_1978,

This sounds really frustrating. Is the issue persisting since you originally posted? If it's not a network issue, it sounds very likely to be a hardware problem.

Are you able to test or confirm if this is affecting phones or other devices in the area on Three? For example, do you have a Three phone, or an unlocked one you could try the router SIM with?

If you were told that there wasn't any network issues in the area, what was the result of the call, was there any callback or follow up arranged by the team?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AUA
Regular

Been down virtually all day today (London N12), now back at (broadband) speeds in excess of 600 Mbps. Can I trust it? Been using an EE SIM from my mobile to keep working.