cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B535-333 RJ-11 / VOIP socket

cancunia
Active

Are there any plans to activate the RJ-11 / VOIP port on the back of the B535-333 router, or any other Three supplied router with RJ-11? 

As you're probably aware, BT will be withdrawing the PSTN service over the next couple of years & that will mean a move to VOIP. The B535-333 has the capability to connect a standard handset but this is not enabled in the Three firmware. It may be the same on other Three supplied devices?. 

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Cancunia. 

It's hard for us to know what impact those service changes will cause, or know how it will change our future plans. We can however confirm that at the moment we don't have any plans to enable the RJ-11 sockets.

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

I have BT FTTP so have been without a copper landline phone for a while. It is not a problem as the only calls I got on my landline were thieving so-and-so's who were trying to part me from my money, mainly by telling me my Amazon Prime needed to be renewed. The only problem is that they won't remove the copper cable from my house. The pole is at the end of my garden and every time there is an engineer up the pole I ask them to cut the cable but they refuse.

As Openreach are pulling the plug why not just make the changes now rather than panic, as most people will, in 2025?

cancunia
Active

It would be helpful if anyone from Three reading this can give an official view. Will the firmware be updated to allow the RJ-11 socket to work?

Thanks 

Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Cancunia. 

It's hard for us to know what impact those service changes will cause, or know how it will change our future plans. We can however confirm that at the moment we don't have any plans to enable the RJ-11 sockets.

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

cancunia
Active

Many thanks for the concise answer.