cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge and Public WAN failure MC801A B15

richm
Fledgling

Hi all, 

Everything working great for the last 6 or so months with 801A in bridge mode to a mesh router system (full WAN passthrough port forwarding etc all working). Then yesterday morning at 4.25am it all stopped. 

Currently only able to access in wireless broadband mode (does not offer enough functionality for IP phones/port forwarding etc) and the WAN IP address shown on the ZTE page is 192.0.0.2 (so definitely not correct). It also passes through a WAN IP of 192.168.0.115 address to the mesh router, which again cannot be even close to correct!

I'm on the 3internet apn (so shouldn't be a CGNAT issue) and have tried everything else I can think of and have come up with two possibilities:

1. The 3internet apn has suddenly started using CGNAT (although I'd imagine more people would've reported this!!) 

2. Issue with firmware update breaking bridge mode (seems to have happened before for some users in B12?)

Anyone else in the same boat or using 801A with B15 and having no problems? Would be helpful if any Zyxel users are having issues too!

Thanks in advance, 

Rich

7 REPLIES 7
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @richm,

Thanks for flagging up these issues. We think we've identified the source of the problem, and would like to investigate this further with you.

I've sent a private message to your community account with instructions on how we can get this looked into.

To find your messages on the community. Click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

speacock
Regular

Hi, can I add that there are a few of us who have been experiencing this same problem since FW update B12 as described in this thread - ZTE MC801A B12 update : Bridge mode broken - Three Community - 5860 - @JonathanB, if you know the source of the issue, could you also respond to the other thread above please.

I've not yet tried bridge mode with FW B15 but reading this it sounds like I might be wasting my time if I did as this sounds like exactly the same issue.

LukievdB
Regular

I'm having the same issues, the bridge mode seems to have been broken by firmware update B15 or even already by B12. I have tried the various workarounds of changing the APN but to no avail.

As others have mentioned in related threads, the main issie is the router will not automatically reconnect, and one has to physically reboot it plus in many cases the Decos too.

When can we have a firmware update that fixes this please @JonathanB

It seems the root cause of this issue has been found.

Lucas

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Lucas,

There's a couple of overlapping issues reported on the community, so I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Are you running into issues where bridge mode does not function whatsoever, or are you having issues with your router losing connection intermittently, either for several minutes or until rebooted?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

LukievdB
Regular

Hi Jonathan,

I thought this particular thread was the closest to my issues as I am using the box as a bridge to a Deco mesh system.

The router is losing the internet connection more and more frequently during the last 2-3 months. It used to be absolutely perfect before that. The ZTE box hasn't changed position, when it is working the position test says 'Perfect'. Today I noticed a few times that I only had a 4G connection which was close to useless. It is, of course, possible that there are mast issues too.

I need to reboot the router when my devices say 'No Internet'; the problem doesn't get resolved automatically. I have some screenshots available however I cannot see how to attach these.

Kind Regards,

Lucas

LukievdB
Regular

I'm on holiday and can't reach my home network!

Please Three fix this issue asap

Lucas 

Wintermute
Regular

To get bridge mode working on the ZTE B15 firmware (and presumably B12):

Go to the APN settings - Settings -> Connection Settings -> APN

Add a new manual APN with the following parameters...

PDP Type: IPv4
Profile Name: Anything except '3internet'
APN: 3internet
Authentication: None

Click set as default, reboot your ZTE MC801A