cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect BT whole home Discs to NR5103E

Phil7070
Regular

I recently purchased the 5g broadband which works but I am struggling to attach my white BT Whole Home Discs to give me good Internet throughout the house. 

I am  geting a red light on my BT disc. I have tried a factory reset and deleted & reinstalled app without success.

I then logged into 192.168.1.1 as read about changing the IP Passthrough code.  I could see it was disabled but couldn't find an option to change it to enable.

I contacted 3 without any solution. 

Am I right in thinking I can get this to work?  It is the White Discs. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks 

Best solution
Best solution
Phil7070
Regular

Update - After trying various solutions I tried a different cable and it worked! Very strange as the original cable worked on my other hub and other devices. 

Thanks for all your assistance. 

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, I don't have BT white disc but from what I have read, the white disc can be used with third party routers.

You don't need IP-passthrough as the router assigns an IP address to the disc if DHCP is still enabled on the router. A white disc is just a Wi-Fi extender? 

With the disc connected to the LAN1 port of the router via cable, can you see if the disc has been assigned an IP address in the web-config 192.168.1.1 (From Connectivity > Wired)?

Are you trying to setup wirelessly?

Phil7070
Regular

Hi Anvil.  Thanks for the reply. You are correct that it is for a WiFi extender.

I have the yellow cable in both the back of the router & BT disc.

I have logged onto 192.168.1.1 and under wired it says 0. 

I have contacted BT & 3 but both just say contact the other!

The disc definitely works but something not right.

Many thanks for your help.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Do you have another device that can be connected to the router's LAN port such as a PC to determine if the router LAN port is working and assigned an IP address?

Also try LAN2 port and a different cable.

Dazzar
Established

I also use a mesh system other than BT and it has always showed 0 connected and worked then about a week or so ago the NR5103 just stopped working with it , constant drop outs etc etc , you can change to pass through but when I did I lost the internet completely so changed back.

Best solution
Phil7070
Regular

Update - After trying various solutions I tried a different cable and it worked! Very strange as the original cable worked on my other hub and other devices. 

Thanks for all your assistance. 

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Glad you sorted it out. Use a minimum of CAT5 for ethernet. Ideally a CAT6 or higher for faster data rates.