cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positioning and 5G Signal Strength

Peter5G
Fledgling

Hi - I've run the ZTE Suggested Position app and it comes up with "Perfect" for where it is (cupboard at the top of the stairs).  However the signal strength is hovering around the -99 to -101 which is generally considered average.  Also I am getting a fair amount of buffering over the past few days that I hadn't had for a while.  What do others consider a good 5G signal ?

ETA, my connection to the ZTE from my laptop dropped completely before I was able to post the above so I power cycled and now I'm seeing (-) 95-96 and SINR of around 8-9.5. Better but not brilliant.

1 REPLY 1
MrSimo98
Active

Hey, I was in the exact same boat as you until today. I downloaded the three app to determine the connection strength and mine was almost identical to yours. Although I was getting some ridiculous  speeds I too noticed some buffering / spikes when playing games.

Sadly I would recommend moving this if possible. My RSRP was around -99 and I have managed to get it to -70 which is permanently in the green strength bar.

input my issue down to switching between “excellent” and “good” continuously as I haven’t had this issue again since.