cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device returned Contract not canceled

mysteryman
Fledgling

I am using the three 5g broadband services since September 2021.

Till September 2022, I made 4 calls to customer care because of issues with the device and the service, and on 14 October customer care representative suggested canceling the contract without any cancellation fee.
three send me to envelope to send the route back and I posted the route on 17 October as per the post office website, three received it on 18 October but so far contract has not been canceled and the bill was detected from the account.

I called customer care multiple times every time they ask me to wait because it will be done by the backend team.

They can not do anything about the bill being paid because they are from the technical team. The guy suggested canceling the direct debit but he has no idea if a direct debit payment will bounce and what effect it has on my credit score. 

Do not know what to do here it's like paying for a service without using the service and having no idea when the contract will be canceled. Customer care call goes to India and they speak the same lines again and again.

No idea how to escalate this issue. feel too frustrated from three.

Please advice.
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mysteryman,

Welcome to the Three Community.

It sounds like this has been a really awful experience for you the last few weeks, and the last thing you need is all these delays with the account being closed now that you've returned the router.

Thanks for retaining the Royal Mail tracking information, that can be really handy if there's a dispute over whether or when a device has been returned. There's not much more advice we can give on the community, but I will send a private message to your community account with info on how to get this looked into further.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.