cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extender?

Jax
Active

Is there a recommended Wi-Fi extender to use with 5G home broadband routers? I get good download speeds in the room where the router is situated, but very poor in the rest of our home. The Devolo extender that I previously used with phone line broadband will not work with this system, so hopefully, other users may be able to help.

• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Jax.

Wireless extenders should generally work as long as they are using the standard set of WiFi certified features, and not something proprietary to a specific brand. 

There's a lot of examples I've seen where people have used a mesh system with our router, and that might be something worth considering. 

Hopefully some others here on the Community will be happy to share which devices they've had success with so that you don't need to be guessing on compatibility.

Pete.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Jax.

Wireless extenders should generally work as long as they are using the standard set of WiFi certified features, and not something proprietary to a specific brand. 

There's a lot of examples I've seen where people have used a mesh system with our router, and that might be something worth considering. 

Hopefully some others here on the Community will be happy to share which devices they've had success with so that you don't need to be guessing on compatibility.

Pete.

Jax
Active

Problem solved, thanks Pete

Plasmona2723
Fledgling

Has any got any links for WiFi extender for the 5g hub would the Amazon Eerro. Extender work with the hub

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, What are your requirements (gaming, video streaming, Alexa)? How many rooms & floors? Your budget?

Do you require only wi-fi connections or do devices need to be connected via ethernet?

What download speed are you getting?

Which Three router do you have?

Jax
Active

Problem solved, thanks, Anvil Iron

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Jax,

Glad to hear this is sorted. Did you end up going with a particular extender, or how did you solve this? Just curious, and it may help other community members down the line. 🙂

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.