cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First tasts of Three customer service and it was shocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work from home and so do my wife and daughter. 

Happy with the 5g but my 4mth old 5g hub has started to intermittently reset. 

I contacted the 3 shop I took the contract with and they told me to call Three.

Tried calling them and wasn't able to chat with anyone, so used 3 chat live who told me to contact ZTE. That took 45mins 

ZTE told me to go back to 3. That took 30mins 

3 chat live said they had no option to exchange the hub so would allow me to cancel the contract. 

I had to tell them to hold on as they were all set to cancel my service immediately. That took approx 2hrs. 

I just want the hub changing.  I don't want to cancel but it seems that's what I have to do. 

8 REPLIES 8
Avondale
Rising star

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, all media companies in the UK seem to have Customer Services' that struggle under the weight of calls that they receive, particularly when enquiries have a degree of complexity or are fielded by inexperienced staff. your frustrations are certainly not unique to Three.  

I wonder if @JonathanB can help to facilitate your request for a change of hub ? I would normally suggest visiting one of Three's retail stores but you have already tried that !   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comments Avondale.

If you can help please @JonathanB it would be much appreciated. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry you've went through all these calls and chats without reaching any point of resolution. I'll PM you now to get you in touch with a team that should hopefully be able to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AwkwardTurtle
Fledgling

I've been with Sky and O2 in the past, Three customer service is just unbelievable in how poor and unprofessional it has been every step I've had to deal with them. I guess that's where the money is saved compared to other networks. If Sky did eSims I'd be back in a heartbeat 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for my returns bag. 

Avondale
Rising star

Why don't you @AwkwardTurtle explain why you believe "...Three customer service is just unbelievable in how poor and unprofessional...". At least if you articulate your concerns, @JonathanB can feed them back and maybe we'll see an improvement. I have never had cause to contact Three's CS, but I regularly read criticism of them and I do wonder if their management are aware how they are perceived. 

For some time, I have been on the cusp of getting 5G Broadband. I have not done so as I fear what will happen - or will not happen - if I have any problems. Hence, they need to be told precisely what problems exist and that current perceptions are costing them customers.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed after many tedious hours to get Three to cancel my contract. Now waiting for the returns bag. Never did receive the first one! 

Once the contract was cancelled, I popped to the Three shop and took out a 30 day contract. It's £4 more a month but easier to leave if the service goes pairshaped.

Struggling to register a new account for the 30 day contract despite using a different email address 

DJ_Mean_Al
Fledgling

I also had a poor experience of Three Customer Service, especially when it came to ending my contract.

To solve the problems, I purchased a Zyxel NR5103EV2 Router, and a Scancom pre-paid SIM card. This solution works beautifully, and thankfully means that I can completely avoid Three and their incompetent, outsourced 'Customer Services' model. At the same time, I can also avoid their completely unreasonable yearly April price increases!

So basically it's a win-win situation all round. Oh, and as I live about 100 metres from a 5G mast, I get 900mb/sec download speed, and around 90mb/sec upload. So hopefully I'll be keeping this setup for a while!

Best Regards,

Alan.