cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone from 400Mb/s to less than 1 with no resolution by three

Dmsw
Fledgling

We’ve had 5g broadband for 6months with no problems and very fast speeds. A few weeks ago it stopped working properly and we are now getting 4G at less than 1mb per second. We’re connecting to a different mast and the other (usual one we connect to) seemingly isn’t  available. Calling technical they admitted it (the 5g mast) was  being fixed and said it would be fixed by yesterday.  Still nothing and it’s still showing as ´ being fixed’ on the three service status indicator. A call to support was pointless as they had no idea what was happening.  
So we’ve had no internet for getting on for three weeks and no help from three. This may be normal from three I suppose but it’s not good enough. Is there anyone to contact who can give any updates on the issue and fix dates? The site is in Ilkley in West Yorkshire.  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
ajwid01
Active

I've had exactly the same issues ongoing for 9x months.  5G was brilliant, but random drops to 4G gave < 1MB/s.

They admitted after 5x months that 5G was limited to only 100 connections, and I could get randomly kicked to 4G.
4G is over-subscribed: hence the poor performance.

I could previously connect to 5 different masts. (2 providing 5G).
For the last week only ONE mast was seemingly operational. (The worst of the 5); and only 4G there.
Yesterday, a different one off the 5 came available (normally offering 5G: but not right now).

Three updated the status checked on 29th, from "Fixing stuff", to "Upgrading stuff" with at estimated resolution of 30th.  30th came... Still only 4G on a single mast. Status checker back to "Fixing stuff".

I have switched to a 5G Hub from EE, and now back to reasonable service again.

Three asked me to persevere, after the 5th month admission that their infrastructure couldn't cope.
4 additional months, with "more of the same" poor service, and no-one able to say what's going on...

Enough is enough.

Good luck to you. I would endeavour to cancel through repudiatory breach of contract - because they can't supply what you are paying for. They know it.

You have to go to "Cancellations" then get transferred to "Techical Line 1", then "Technical Line 2", and they can offer you FoC cancellation. Otherwise you get penalised with charges up to the end of your contract.

T.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Dmsw, thanks for joining us here on Three Community. 

I'm sorry your data speeds have slowed so dramatically, and there hasn't been much change in the past couple of weeks. It certainly sounds like the issue is more complex than originally thought, but it's disappointing we've not been able to get you a proper update so far.

I've sent you a PM with details on how we can move things forward for you.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Dmsw
Fledgling

Thanks but the link you sent doesn’t work (like my 5g broadband). Would you be able to send a link that works please. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Sorry about that, Dmsw! I've sent a working link to you now. 

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.