cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully cancelled broadband under the 30 day money back guarantee?

Jonathan1
Active

I am at my wits end with this saga and just interested to see if anyone else has ever managed to sort it out or has any suggestions ….

I tried out the 5g broadband.  It didn’t work due to no signal so called and cancelled the very same day.  It took several attempts to get a returns label (promised within 24 hours), each time I was told the previous person had not ordered the label correctly.  Eventually it came and I returned the hub, getting confirmation from DPD it had been delivered.  Since then I have been getting text messages, emails, phone calls and letters demanding payment.  Each and every time I manage to speak to someone I am told not to worry and I don’t owe anything as I cancelled in the cooling off period.  I am told just to ignore all the demands for payment however they continue to come.  I am now getting letters saying dept collectors will be involved and they are passing my details to credit agencies.  I have raised a formal complaint but again he tells me not to worry and it is very clear on my file I owe nothing.  Then an hour later the phone rings again and it is three demanding payment.  

I really do not see what else I can do.  It’s all very well then telling me I owe nothing but I do not want my credit affected when attempting to get a mortgage.  Most correspondence has been on chat - I am unable to call on the complaint number as when I enter my number it says I no longer have an active service with three.

6 REPLIES 6
Officina-red
Involved

Personally I’d make a online complaint https://www.three.co.uk/support/complaints/how-to-complain keep a record of everything, also do you have legal cover on any insurance policy you have, it can be house/credit card/car, if you do I would phone their helpline for advice. 

Jonathan1
Active

Thanks for your advice - I will check my insurance policies.  I do have it all saved as a lot of the complaints have been online and it lets you save the transcripts.  They are all very clear that I owe nothing and to ignore all demands for payment.  However the demands for payment, debt collection and credit rating threats are increasing.  The debt collection I am not concerned about as I just won’t open the door - however I am very worried about my credit rating which they are threatening to notify the agencies saying it will make it hard for me to get credit in future.  

Officina-red
Involved

If you have legal cover, that’s the best option, it’s helped me tremendously when I have had problems. This may sound crazy but if you have previously made online complaints, don’t underestimate how good an option a written complaint can be, keep it to the facts be polite, keep a copy for yourself and use recorded delivery. Citizens advice are also very helpful but they are so busy you will struggle to get even a phone appointment for advice (a friend tried a while ago). 

Dave_P
Regular

I had that same sort of issue cancelling a broadband contract, I requested a label to print to be sent by email, that didn't arrive on the first or second attempt. So I requested a postal bag, the first one didn't arrive, the second one did and I managed to return the hub and got the confirmation email from the returns dept.

Despite a successful return, I was still being billed and the contract was still running pending the return of my hub.

The problem was that each time a label/bag was ordered, a new ticket was raised and each one needed a router returned to clear it.

Jonathan1
Active

Thanks for this. That could well be the issue and based on this they could now be waiting for 3 hubs to be returned.  Though you’d think they would have systems intelligent enough to only be expecting the same number of hubs returned as those originally supplied

Dave_P
Regular

I think that the various departments don't communicate and their digital systems aren't linked, ironic for a comms company.

Hope it works out for you.