cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! need a replacement Zyxel NR5103E 5G Hub but cant get one?!

andypro
Fledgling

Super frustrated, just been on a webchat over 2 hours then a call for them to repeat the same thing!
They want me to cancel my contract instead of trying a replacement router 

i cant get any 5G signal from then router only 4G,  my phone however achieves a strong 5G signal.
only had it 3 weeks so wanted a replacement to try as I'm sure its faulty based on all the other posts here.
completed all the trouble shooting steps and suggestions onthe forum to force it to 5g mode.

has any one found an easy way to get a replacement sent out?

8 REPLIES 8
Dazzar
Established

I had one of these routers they are faulty as soon as I got my new o e it connected to 5g but they keep sending the o,d ones out refurbished 

sc1999
Local celebrity

It is always possible that your nearest mast has hit its limit for 5g broadband connections so will only connect to 4g. Unfortunately, broadband is not an infinite resource and 3 are struggling to keep up with demand. I think that 3 have been "working" on my local tower for more than 5 months in the last 12. I hope that they finish before my contract ends.

cokdeli
Fledgling

On Christmas Day my Zyxel NR5103E stopped working after weeks of having to reboot it several times a day. I called three who said it would be 5-7 working days.  Of course I allowed for Christmas and phoned Thursday. Oh it will take some time, when asked why he didn’t have a definitive answer.  

it’s odd that I could be a new customer and have it delivered next day but I’m struggling to get an answer on replacement. 

Anyone able to help or advise!   I’m using my sky mobile data and it’s costing a fortune! 

Pamela 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Just because you can get 5g on your phone is no guarantee that 3 have enable 5g broadband. There are quite a few posts on the issue as to bandwidth availability, etc. 

cokdeli
Fledgling

I didn’t say anything about having 5g on my phone.  The hub is faulty confirmed by three, I’ve been waiting for a new one for a while and cannot get an answer as to when it will arrive

I’m using my sky mobile data which is rubbish trying to get on line. 

Pamela 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Sorry, replied to wrong thread.

cokdeli
Fledgling

Did you ever get a replacement hub?  Mine stopped working on Xmas day and I’ve made 6 phone calls 7 chats a complaint and still not able to get one sent.  I don’t understand why this is so complicated.   I’m at the end of my tether.  Any help you can give would be appreciated.  

Pamela. 

Lesannmax
Fledgling

Use reset information on 4g 5g hud in help and support on three website I used for a 3g 4g hud and it worked for me as they turned off three 3g two weeks ago