cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G ZTE MC801A (B15 firmware): Unable to connect to PlayStation Network and streaming platforms

Nyotengu
Regular

Hello,

I am extremely frustrated, I have the 5G ZTE MC801A (B15 firmware) and it was working perfectly until some days ago I started noticing some video content would refuse playing in some cases, even if the speed was as good as always and then it would just refuse to connect to the PlayStation Network. The whole reason I got a 5G router was to play with my PS5 and now I can't. If I tether from my phone it works fine, so is not the signal or the SIM card. 

I tried contacting support, but as usual the chat is absolutely and completely useless. I explained with detail what happened and what I have seen recommended in these same forums and they just ignore it and say stuff like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 09.58.11.png

And they kept pressing I had to call, but I have issues hearing on the phone, so I can't talk. Therefore they can't help me. But when they try to help me, they don't understand the issue. I said "could you please raise this with the 2nd line technical team to try rolling you back to the previous software." Like a moderator here suggested, but they just ignored me and asked me if I had turned my router on and off... Is just a massive waste of time for everyone involved.

I have also tried the solution of changing the APK, and that didn't work for me.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I really need some help here please.

4 REPLIES 4
Mikes
Regular

I've had this issue since Wednesday. Three support unfortunately seems completely token, have support people for the sake of having them, but they do nothing, are not competent enough to provide anything more helpful than solutions community members end up sharing to help other Three users. I suspect their support is never aware of issues either, unless they're just gaslighters by nature. I only need this 5G for PSN, if they don't sort this soon well on to some actual service provider.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nyotengu@Mikes,

Thanks for highlighting these issues. I'm sorry to hear that you've both went through our customer service teams and haven't been able to obtain a solution. I'm not sure if this will be the exact same issue as when the B15 update originally was rolled out, as the APN workaround doesn't seem to be working for you, but I'll send you links to a team that can get a technical case raised.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SWMS
Fledgling

This is still an issue had the router for two days tried the apn ip6 disable work around no joy ended up hard cabling it there has to be an actual fix for this 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SWMS,

Sorry for the delay in picking this up. In terms of the APN solution, this was referring to issues with PSN not connecting whatsoever, so this might not be the same issue.

From what you've posted here and on another thread, you're intermittently/randomly unable to connect? Are you still seeing these same issues when using a wired connection, or is the connection stable when the PS5 is plugged into the router directly? Have you checked your router admin to make sure that UPNP is on?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.