cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up My3 on Home Broadband

3Broadband
Fledgling

I have a mobile broadband data SIM. My number is ***********. I am trying to create a my3 account to check my balance buy I am unable to create an account. How do I check my balance?

7 REPLIES 7
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, 3Broadband. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

To set up a My3 account for Home Broadband, connect your device such as a laptop or computer to the Wi-Fi, then head over to the My3 Registration page. Once there, pop in your details and follow the steps on the page. 

Once you're done you'll be up and running, and you'll be able to log in easier in future too. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

azerirehat
Fledgling

I am having a problem in registering. It is saying: 

You need to be connected to your Three Home Broadband hub or mobile device to register. Please connect and try again.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @azerirehat,

Is this for a Home Broadband hub, or a Mobile Broadband like a MiFi or Tablet/iPad? 

If you're using a VPN you may need to disconnect from this whilst you initially register.

Likewise if you're using an iPhone or iPad you many need to switch off iCloud private relay in your iCloud settings.

Either of these could be stopping your SIM details from being picked up by My3.

Let me know if either of these suggestions help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

azerirehat
Fledgling

I do not use VPN or any other proxy. I tried plugging in the sim to another device, did not work again.

Getting same message I mentioned before.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hmm that's very odd. I actually registered a data SIM personally yesterday so it doesn't seem to be a universal issue.

Do you get the same issue when trying to register on three.co.uk with a browser and from the Three App?

azerirehat
Fledgling

Only on the website, not app.
I also receive SMS and work as a normal sim but can not register and top up.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Ah I see, so this is a PAYG account? Based on what we've tried so far, it may be worth trying alternative browsers, and alternative devices if possible next.

If that still returns the same errors, have you tried chatting with us?

I'm not sure if there's much more troubleshooting we can try from the community, so I think the next steps will be for them to attempt to reset your online account, and if that fails they should be able to raise the issue for further investigation.

Thanks,
Jonathan