cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I need a 64bit app to reconnect my HiLink dongle to my Mac running Monterey

Jem
Fledgling

My HiLink dongle stooped working when I upgraded to Monterey on my 2015 MBP. The app icon now has white circle with a diagonal bar. My guess is that I need a new app to run things at 64bit. Can anyone tell me where to look? There are dire warnings about  uploading  the wrong thing. The dongle is an ancient (2012 AD) E3256 plugged into a USB3 socket. It worked fine last month before I gave in and upgraded to a 64bit system. The USB3 works fine with a USB adaptor on the end of an ethernet cable. Thanks Jem Hopkins

Best solution
Best solution
Jem
Fledgling

Thanks so much for you reply. It confirms what I suspected and I shall do as you suggest. Best wishes and thanks again. Jem.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

I had a quick look at the Huawei E3256 and yes, it's an ancient (2012 AD) 3G dongle which won't be supported anymore. Therefore you won't find any new software or drivers for it and therefore making it incompatible with this new mac os version.

Your SIM should be at least 4G capable so it's probably best to ditch this dongle and get a new one.

Best solution
Jem
Fledgling

Thanks so much for you reply. It confirms what I suspected and I shall do as you suggest. Best wishes and thanks again. Jem.