cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Everybody ๐Ÿ‘‹

Ceyhan
Fledgling
  • Hi  3 Network Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

I would like your opinions and comments on the new offer of "Mobile Home Broadband " please.

I would especially like to know your experiences on it's speed  and reliability , value for money etc.

Kind regards. 

Ceyhan

14 REPLIES 14
Avondale
Rising star

@Ceyhan 

That's a difficult question to answer. It might be fast and reliable for one user and disappointing to another. One's expectations, distance from the mast, the number of other users locally and the like all play a part. 

I believe that Three 5G Broadband comes with a thirty-day money-back guarantee, so maybe give it a try but cancel well before the thirty-day period expires if it does not live up to your expectations.  

stevekn
Involved

three 5G broadband is good when it works ( variable download speeds at different time of the day, not consistent) worse the ZTE ( v 15 firmware) supplied modem had a known problem, dropping the internet several times a day. If you leave it , internet reconnects after  minutes to hours.
A modem restart ( either from app, browser, or pull the mains out !) reconnects the internet immediately .

Customer non-support don't want to know.

I'd not advise three until the is solved.

I would not 

Avondale
Rising star

@stevekn 

In fairness to Three, most mobile 'phone companies and telecommunications businesses have customer service operations that are rated as mediocre. 

At least we are fortunate on this forum as @JonathanB seems to be able to facilitate resolution of most issues. 

stevekn
Involved

sadly he hasn't "facilitated" any solution for the (over 1 year old) modem regularly dropping internet problems.

It would seem that three and ZTE don't care.

kestrel4
Fledgling

Six months in, and it's been very good.  No drop-outs.  Once, early-on, the router needed to be rebooted.  Download speed normally between 60 and 200, probably averaging 100.  I can see the 5G cell-mast about 500 metres from our house.  

However...in the past few days the download speed occasionally dropped to 20.  Shock horror!  I think it was the weather - 100% humidity and heavy rain.  I thought that 4G would kick-in and prevent the big the big drop-off.  Looking for an explanation and cure, which is why I am on this site today.