cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Everybody ๐Ÿ‘‹

Ceyhan
Fledgling
  • Hi  3 Network Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

I would like your opinions and comments on the new offer of "Mobile Home Broadband " please.

I would especially like to know your experiences on it's speed  and reliability , value for money etc.

Kind regards. 

Ceyhan

14 REPLIES 14
sc1999
Local celebrity

Welcome. I hope you get the information you are looking for. Unfortunately most of the people who come to the community come here with problems. However, I look forward to reading some comments from those with positive experiences. Also the membership here represents a small, perhaps very small, chunk of 3's customer base.

doc1964
Active

I have had the 5g home broadband for about 6 weeks and am really impressed.

My download speed averages about 200 mbps and upload about 70.

I have a Deco m5 mesh kit attached to it and get great speed all over the house.

I currently only have it on a month to month contract as the network coverage checker actually shows 5g as being unavailable at my house, as soon as checker updates and shows 5g as being available on 2 year contract i will sign up for that.

stevekn
Involved

Depends where you live, I'm usually only getting just over half that.

Total bandwidth is shared between users, slows at peak time.

Drop internet connection several times a day.

Bob
Fledgling

Hi, I've just got the 5g hub Zyxel NR5103e it's going well 480Mbps, over 20 up. That's with 3 bars, app says good signal. I currently have Virgin router in modem mode with Tenda Mesh system plus 2 nodes. Would you be good enough to describe how you set up your Mesh system to the hub? Get good speeds around most of the house just from the hub itself but the from security cameras don't get the 5g hub signal.  Regards Bob. 

stevekn
Involved

has anyone had positive experiences with the supplied ZTE modem ?

Threlly
Involved

My speed is good in the morning, worse than an 90's modem in the evening.
Customer service is terrible, beyond awful, if you have a problem, expect nothing.
Three are paying the least to upgrade their infrastructure whilst filling their pockets.
Look elsewhere for good broadband.
At least a standard 56Mbps ADSL connection is vaguely reliable.
This is not.

doc1964
Active

Hi there, totally understand what you are saying. I think the best indicator of how good a company is can be gauged on how they respond when something goes wrong. Unfortunately i think the vast majority of utility companies now are taking the cheapest option when it comes to customer service, so all is good whilst things work but usually woeful when things go wrong. Can only hope things improve as they expand the service, will be interesting to see what happens after merger. Good luck.

Threlly
Involved

The merger is about redirecting profit and the creation of a bulletproof monopoly, nothing else.

If anything, the service is likely to get worse.

jonohanson
Fledgling

Really impressed to begin with, then it dropped off a cliff!  Alot in my area have the same issue, great for the first few months, then diabolical.  Three support on the web chat are useless, they keep trying to troubleshoot as if I have a mobile phone with network issues.  Luckily i'm on a one month contract, as soon as Virgin complete their rollout in my area i'm off.  So a takeaway from this would be try it, but only on a 1 month contract!