cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home broadband sim not sending out Internet signal

Carlym2024
Fledgling

Hi I signed up to Three home broadband on Friday evening. I had my router delivered today. I've put the sim in however there is no Internet signal. The 3g/4g light is red which indicates no SIM card is inserted or there is no network service available. The WIFI light is a constant blue which indicates the WiFi works normally with no data transmission. 

Does anyone have any ideas? I've restarted it several times also removed and reinserted the sim several times too, the sim is in the right way its clicked in.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

From my experience of my own Three broadband,the sim wasn’t active when it arrived with the router. Customer service said it would take 24/48 hours for it to become active but unfortunately for me, my sim and router arrived on a Friday so because of the weekend its wasn’t activated until the Tuesday. However I suspect if you leave the sim in the router overnight it’ll probably be activated. Try turning it off and on when you wake up. Of course you could always call customer service to try to move things along.

Best of luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carlym2024,

Usually the SIM should activate on the day of delivery. Or as @Paddiewack says we may have a delay with your activation. Just to be sure there's not a router issue, try the SIM in a phone or another compatible device if possible. If it then seems to be picking up service, I'd test it in the router one more time.

If the SIM still won't activate, or seems to specifically not be working with the router, I'd recommend to get in touch with the team.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.