cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address constantly changing

Plainmad
Fledgling

Hello

Hoping you all can help I’ve been with three for broadband 5g for the last couple of months and until last week it was working perfectly. 

however last week I started to notice slow downs and playing videos on YouTube would just stop and the internet then wouldn’t work. 
I did some digging on my router and have noticed that the public IP address is constantly changing sometimes every 2 mins. Now I know I don’t have a static ip address but normally it’s been fine for days at a time and the constant changing is causing major stability issues. 
Initially I thought it might be my SIM card so ordered a new one but still the same issue. 
I spoke to a friend who lives 50m down the road and is also on three and he said he wasn’t having any issues. 

So I contacted three support who were less the useless I’m afraid to say. They at first said that it was because 5g isn’t completely rolled out in my area despite it being fine for months and surely that would affect speed, not the IP address changing and I can see from the hub that the signal is fine. 
They then said that there is work going on in my area and I need to wait 7 days but have been unable to say exactly what the work is and I’ll be honest I think they are lying to me. 

Tonight however I’ve borrowed my friends router and SIM card and have found that the issue appears to only relate to my account. If I put my sim in his router I get the issue but if I put his sim in my hub no issues at all. 
I’m going to phone three tomorrow and try to raise it higher and speak to someone who will look into it instead of being fobbed off but the issues appears to relate to my account. 
Has anyone got any ideas about what may be causing it?

I saw someone said about making sure your APN is only looking for ipv4 which I’ve already done and was set up like this before the issues. 
any help please!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t say what’s actually causing it but my advice to you would be as follows. Firstly check the Three status page to check that an issue is listed(I know they told you but they tend to have a poke and hope attitude at times hoping that after seven days it’ll be sorted). Then armed with that info call tech support on 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again. Stand your ground and if pushed they can tell you definitively when it’ll be solved. If I had to put a guess in place I’d say network congestion is to blame but that’s a pure guess.

Good Luck

rky
Regular

You can buy a VPN router as middlemen and buy a dedicated IP and your problem will solve if you want yo have static IP

If you just want stable internet then you can wait for network maintenance to be completed in your area