cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 12 GB - prepaid three sim card (1 month long) can be use without limitation in EU?

BANDHIT
Fledgling

I am from Thailand and will travel to EU soon, I used to use the Three 12 gb sim card on my iPhone several times in many countries in EU before covid. 

Nowaday, it was talked in Thailand that after Brexit, this three 12 gb - 1 months sim card can be used only up to around 5 gb and stop, and also have to pay 2 Pounds daily.

Can any one help to clarify this? 

Thank you very much

BANDHIT T

These are the product details 

PrePaid Europe (UK THREE) sim card 12GB data+3000 minutes+3000 texts for 30 days with FREE ROAMING / USE in 71 destinations including all European countries
12GB data to use in 71 destinations, 3000 voice mins and 3000 texts can ONLY be used to call UK numbers, AND European numbers WHILST you are in Europe.
Covers Europe inc UK, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, USA, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and more.....
Use in a phone only. No tethering, personal hotspot or video streaming allowed.
Easy activation, No personal ID required for registration , Plug and go. Ideal for the European Travelers.
Trio SIM suitable for all cell phones. Can be recharged for more data.

5 REPLIES 5
SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hey @BANDHIT 

I'm afraid our Go Roam policies will have changed since you last used our sims pre-covid. For any Pay Monthly customers joining us since 1 October 2021, there’s a daily roaming charge to unlock your UK allowances for 24 hours in Go Roam destinations. All of the finer details can be found here: Go Roam .You would have the full 12gb to use within the month, however, it can't be used as a Personal Hotspot.

A better option for you may be our Data Passport. This will allow you to use as much data as you want in 24 hours like you would at home! This is available for Thailand 😊

Thanks,
SarahC

Keith
Fledgling

Interesting, for overseas trips within the EU,   taking a myfi sometimes to support my laptop, and more recently with a tablet with a 4G option, I have just used the 24GB 2 year life data sims available from Amazon UK that I also use when camping,   I have never registered these, just popped them into the device. No contract has been involved.

Will these just refuse to work at all when I visit Greece in a couple of weeks?

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hey @Keith 😊

The SIM you are talking about it different from the one in the original post as it's a Pay as You Go, so you should be able to use up to 12GB in Greece (in line with our fair use policy ) with no problems. We would also always advice checking out our price guides. 

However, it's important to mention that you must keep the SIM active by using data, sending a text or making a call on it at least once in the last 6 months.

Hope this helps and you enjoy your trip to Greece! 🏖

SarahC

cmma01
Fledgling

I think Keith was referring to a prepaid data only SIM where you pay upfront for 24gb that lasts up to 24 months. These are used in a MiFi. I have one of these too. It's not a PAYG but a prepaid SIM.

Now that roaming charges have been reintroduced by Three, when I go to Spain this summer, will I still be able to use the data on my prepaid SIM as it still has a few months to run before it expires?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cmma01,

Sorry for the delay in picking this up. Go Roam daily fees only apply to our Pay Monthly plans, and only if you've renewed one after the 1st October 2021 so your pre-paid SIM should be exempt from this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.