cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103e Loses connecting every 23 hours

devaraja
Active

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issue with my NR5103e, my devices are losing internet every 23-24 hours.

When it happens, i can see that the modem is still reporting internet connection, but I'm not able to reach anything outside my LAN. usually, a restart of the modem works, but is not idea to have to restart it every day and sometimes in the model of a meeting.

Thanks in advance,

10 REPLIES 10
Avondale
Rising star

Morning @devaraja 

Are you using a VPN ? 

devaraja
Active

yes, one of the PC for work. but it i did not have this issue before the update to b12 to b14.

Also, I spoke with a level 2 tech support yesterday. He "refreshed the settings" at his end and now the connection is even worse i was able to get 400 - 60 Mbps and now it looks like im caped at 120mbps, when i do a speed test i can se it jump to around 150, 200mbps and goes does to 120mbps like if a QOS is been applied. 

Looks like they make it worse now.

Avondale
Rising star

Hi @devaraja 

If you search this forum for VPN, you will find some guidance that @JonathanB has posted that might help you.   

devaraja
Active

Hi @Avondale , thx for your reply. I have already give it a look befor posting just in cases some one else was getting the same issue. But most of them were issued connecting to cons because IPv6 was enable ( I'm. It getting IPv6, so no issue on that) or issues connecting to 5G, but that looks like was an old issue with some defective devices.

Mine was working fine since day one, o did not have issue with VPNs or 5G. But 1 week after the update to B14 I started to notice that the connection got stuck and the only way to bring it back was to restart the modem.

To make things worse I called and now my connection drop to max 120 mb where just before the call I was getting 400 to 600mbps.

Avondale
Rising star

Hi @devaraja 

I wonder if the solution might be here :-

FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection - Three Community - 14851

Please let us know how you get on. 

devaraja
Active

Thx @Avondale 

I look on that one as well, but my issue was not with IPv6 because I was not receiving IPv6 only ipv4. Just in cases I also set it to only ipv4 but it may no change, the router still got stuck every day.

They support team will send me a new modem. Let's see if that fix the issue.

shadwuk
Regular

You are not the only one.  Take a look at this

devaraja
Active

thx @shadwuk looks like this is exactly the same issue than I'm having, including the down grade in speed.

I managed to speak today with a level 2 support and at least managed to get bat the speed. but the modem is still getting stuck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @devaraja,

There's a couple of replies on 5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason) from @talktohardwick, they had similar issues and split the WiFi frequencies and this stopped any dropouts.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.