cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 5g home broadband - NR5103Ev2

fifofolo
Fledgling

hi, having an odd issue.

Within about an hour of running my internet connection completely drops with any connected device being unable to use the internet, however the router claims to still have a fine connection. some time later the router then claims to have no internet. This is fixed by restarting the router only for the same problem to happen again soon after. originally I thought this would be a router issue so I requested a new one however there is still the same issue.

only possible issue i can see is that the firmware on this router may be old (V1.00(ACIR.0)b5) but i cant seem to find what the firmware should actually be so i'm not sure

Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fifofolo,

The firmware for your router should usually update overnight or when rebooted. If this doesn't seem to be kicking in then the tech team should have a system to remotely update you, and can help check if it seems to be an issue with coverage, the local network. If you either start a chat, or call the Broadband team they should be able to help with this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

fifofolo
Fledgling

Dear Jonathan,

I contacted the level 2 support and they sent me a new sim card, which does seem to have updates the firmware (its now V1.00(ACIR.0)C0) but the same issue is still persisting and I'm not sure what to do. Whenever i call they just check the coverage in the are (its always fine) then replace something.

Is there any other courses of action i can take?

Jack

nickson102
Fledgling

Have the exact same issue on mine too - Constantly frustrating

Jig

Exactly same issue for me. This is known and yet their support refuses to acknowledge and says other software must be responsible. Terrible service