cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Sky Stream using Three 5G Hub MC801A for internet access.

andyjsmith6566
Fledgling

Hello
I have had a long weekend trying to get a new Sky Stream Puck and Three 5G Hub to operate correctly together.

The issue is the SKY Puck becomes unresponsive and was unable to complete registration

My internet is provided by Three 5G Hub with the following hardware/software:
Software Version:BD_UKH3GMC801AV1.0.0B15
Hardware Version:MC801AHW-1.0.0

New Sky Stream Puck is connected via ethernet to the 5G hub.
Ran through the initial setup where the Sky puck will upgrade without an issue but when it reboots it will display the Sky splash screen and not move on from there.

Carried out fault finding with Sky who sent out a new Puck.

The New Puck had the same issue.

Factory reset the puck and tried on wireless - same issue
tried setting DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 on 5G hub - same issue.
Tried a power cycle of the Three 5g Hub, now the Puck got past this screen and seemed to be much better.

Next day - back to the same issue - stuck at Sky splash screen. power reset of 5G hub helped matters.

Finally factory reset the Sky Puck and fully registered it using a hotspot on my O2 mobile. the registration went through completly - no issues. Leads me to suspect the Three 5G internet is at fault.

I have now swung the Puck back to the Three 5G internet and is currently working but I fully expect issues to appear at a later date.

If I had to guess I would say some sort of Three web content filter or web cache is getting involved.

I have seen other people with pretty much the same issue. But no documented fix except somebody in Three made a change to the hub.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Andy Smith

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, if you succeed in sorting your problem, please will you post a brief description here to help others.

Thank you.