cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive speed drop in evening, three unable to help

bigjim
Regular

Posting my very poor experience with Three in case it helps others.

Had three 5g broadband for nearly 2 years. It's been fairly reliable (I work from home on the web).

On the 22nd of November I lost connection at 7:30am - noticed on the network checker that there was "mast work" going on in the area. Connection came back up at 5pm. 

Since then speeds have been much reduced, during the day: previously was getting 120mbps down and ping of around 60 after this "mast work" speed of around 60mbps and a ping of ~150. On an evening it's even worse, almost as soon as we hit 5pm it drops to 6-10mbps down and a ping of ~250.

Tried restarting, resetting, repositioning etc no luck.

Called Three multiple times, support team is clearly reading from a script and is not helpful. On my third call to them I got through to someone who tried to help. Essentially told me that when I took the contract out I was in a 5g area, now I'm not (despite me having a full strength 5g connection and a signal strength of around -80dbs). 

Basically told me there was nothing that can be done, they can't help and I should cancel. Couldn't explain why speeds dropped everyday at 5pm (since the 22/11/23) other than it's likely congestion and an oversubscribed mast.

Then asked me if I wanted to upgrade and try a new router but be tied into a 12month contract! 

1 REPLY 1
Jason2
Regular

Run for the hills. This service is terrible.