cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Broadband | Daily Dropouts + Gaming Lag

IKing94
Fledgling

Hi,

After months of back and forth with Three CS - the proposed resolution to our daily Wi-FI dropouts was to send out a new router.

We've setup the new router and in the 6 hours its been online - we've had 4 dropouts. The only bonus being that the device seems to be self-rebooting now where before it required manual intervervention.

When working, things seem mostly fine. However, I also can't game reliably - even on an ethernet connection.

Signal strenth is 3/3 bars, 5G, speedtest.net quoting ~100+ mbps

Any ideas/support? Close to terminating the contract and opting for a fibre-optic service.

2 REPLIES 2
Limera
Active

Not ideal obviously, but when gaming maybe try locking it just to 4G and see if you get stability then?  I do this sometimes for a gaming session and it helps.  At 5G there are times my jitter is greater than my ping.  (At least that's the excuse i'm sticking to as to why i'm so bad at Rocket League!)

Jason2
Regular

If you can terminate the contract i would a 100 percent do that and go to EE. Ive been with three for 6 plus months and it is terrible. Just like you i get the internet dropping out and cannot game without terrible lag. Switching to three broadband has quickly become the worse decision of 2023.