cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiFi 4G Home broadband

JamesCooter
Fledgling

Morning all,

Started using the above at the end of June and have had nothing but problems with it since day one. Poor connection being the main issue. I have had the device in every possible place and position in the flat without any joy. Every week for the last four weeks I have phoned support and every week they tell me that work is being done on the mast and pretty much have to put up with it. My question is, how long am I expected to wait till the work is finished on the mast and put up with very poor service?

They did reduce payment twice but I would rather have working internet.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

PS. Support always say I will receive a text message with updates on the work being done but not received one yet!

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi James,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm really sorry to hear this has been your experience of taking a new broadband contract. I know network faults can be really frustrating especially when they carry on for several weeks like you've described. 

I'll send you a PM so that we can get you further help with this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Yip
Fledgling

Hi,

Just received my MiFi device myself only a couple of hours ago. (Friday 2nd Sept 2022)

I'm really disappointed that I'm not even getting 1 Mbit/s download no matter where I put the new router in the house. I'm getting around 15 Mbit/s upload anywhere I put it but it's obviously the download speed that I need more & it's currently struggling even to load a simple page like these forum threads!

Date/time                        Server                            Down        Up     Ping    Jitter

02.09 14:20United Kingdom - London0,4012,2330.04.2
02.09 14:00United Kingdom - London0,7410,7631.51,588.7
02.09 13:35United Kingdom - London0,5610,9032.55.5
02.09 13:28United Kingdom - London0,2015,7832.512.2

I've tried it in my old Vodafone router but it's exactly the same.

So is this what I am to expect as I've signed up for a 2 year contract expecting somewhat similar speeds to my Vodafone MiFi??

If this is the case then I might as well cancel within my cooling off period if it doesn't improve substantially.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

Yip
Fledgling

UPDATE:-

Just got off the phone with support. Went through the reset routine etc then told to give it a couple of days at least as it's a new contract, not that that should matter as far as I can see.

Anyway, told I could return it if not saisfied as it is in the 14 day cooling off period, this I already knew & was my intention anyway but nice to have clarification of that option I guess.

I was so hoping 3 would be a good option as it's much cheaper than the Vodafone one I am/was switching from but might have to ring them before my contract with them runs out & extend for a month or so to give me time to find an alternative 😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Yip,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience of taking a new MiFi out with us. That's a great idea testing an alternative router, this eliminates the likelihood of the MiFi being faulty.

The part with the upload being significantly higher than the download speed suggests this may be a congestion issue, or a mast fault. Can you see anything like that on the network status checker?

Was this a conversation with the customer services team, or did they escalate the call to a technical support team also?

Let us know on the above questions and we'll do our best to help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.