cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifi Router with Pay As You Go Data Sim for gaming only

TrojansGhost
Regular

I have an Xbox One and want to use mifi for my broadband setup as I move around alot. I have seen the Huawei E5783 and I want to use a data only sim for unlimited use. The issue I'm having is on the Three website I click the Pay As You Go section but there is no data only sim available, despite it giving me the link there. I want to make sure that the sim is available before I make the choice.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
sc1999
Local celebrity

I think that 3 are not fans of PAYG. There are no PAYG phones on their website, I think they are shop only. Many other networks, including Three's Smarty, offer data PAYG sims so try another network. There must be a reason why Three don't like PAYG.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

You mentioned "unlimited use". Do you mean unlimited data? If so, this is unlikely on a PAYG sim with a one off payment for the sim card. Unlimited data will only be available on monthly contracts with any operator and these tend to be the most expensive.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Best option would be an unlimited 1 month rolling contract.

TrojansGhost
Regular

I was talking to one of their advisors earlier and they were really pushing monthly. I can only seem to get signal with Three, so I'm kind of stuck there. I currently use PAYG for phone, and ideally wanted the same set up for gaming as I'm on the move often and don't know if I will get signal at all sometimes, so don't really want to pay for something that I may not be able to use for months on end. Any other ideas?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Have you tried Smarty. They are owned by 3 and, obviously, use the 3 network.

TrojansGhost
Regular

Sc1999. I've just checked out Smarty. That looks like what I need. A question with regards to setting things up though. How do I keep track of my account if just using an Xbox? Can I use its browser and go ln hhe Three website for my account? Also how do I get the physical product going with the sim. Do I just put it in and turn it on? With a phone sim you normally have to get z text and faff around with phone numbers and putting codes in and rubbish like that. What's the crack with a mifi unit? Also is the unit I've mentioned a good one?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Sorry but I cannot answer your questions. Best thing to do is call Smarty's customer service and see if they can answer them. I will be a good opportunity to check out their customer services service.

TrojansGhost
Regular

I currently pay £35 for unlimited data, texts, calls. So just thought I could get the same in data only as that's all I need.

TrojansGhost
Regular

If you look here down at the FAQ section it says about whats a PAYG Sim and gives a lonk to the data only PAYG sims, but when it takes you there it's monthly only:

https://www.three.co.uk/pay-as-you-go/payg-data-packs