cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband down - B6

adec
Fledgling

Since last Tuesday - 18/7 - Mobile broadband has been down in the B6 area of Birmingham.

All the website has said all week is "Our engineers are working on masts nearby..." ..no better update than that!

Trying to speak to Customer Service to get an update is a waste of time, noone seems to be able to tell us how long this is going on for.

We use the Mobile Broadband in the office, so for the past week work has been a nitemare.

We've basically used all our personal mobile data, using phones as hotspots.

How do we find out when this 'work' will finish so that we can get true broadband back ??

thanks ... Adrian

6 REPLIES 6
Edward3289
Fledgling

Had very similar issues in B3 area. Had perfect signal and no issues for months. 2 weeks ago signal suddenly started dropping and cutting altogether. Spent the last 2 days on the phone to customer service. Despite telling them I'd done the usual factory reset, turn it off and on again, etc. They made me do it again. Then had me go into the store and get a replacement SIM (like that was ever going to work...) And now their solution? Just cancel the contract. What an abysmal solution to a problem that seems to be being reported commonly on these forums for the last 2 weeks. It's like they don't want to know or don't care.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Customer service is of no use, you need to contact the social media team as they are allowed to talk, and connect you, to engineers. 

adec
Fledgling

Thanks sc1999 .. jeez tried them .. as this is a company, we have the account under a diff name.. ie we have at least 20 diff mobile accounts.. so they wont talk to me!!!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adec,

Are you a Three Business customer? Have you been able to talk to the Business care teams about this, if so what have they advised?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

adec
Fledgling

Hi JonathanB I'm not sure which desks we have spoken to, many! lol ...we have a number of accounts, thats the main issue.. they want the number of this particular Mobile Broadband sim, and it's under an account name where the person doesn't  actually work from this office.. so noone really wants to talk to us..

Yesterday, I did explain it has nothing to do with one particular account, and we just wanted to know when the 'work' in the B6 area will be completed, as it has been over a week now, with no updates on the Three Network Status webpage.. they did tell me they believe it would have been completed last nite .. but no surprise .. no.. apparently still working on masts... /facepalm ...

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adec,

Ah that sounds really frustrating. In the first instance we'll normally try and get you in contact with the appropriate care team so that we can log network feedback against the specific account, and we have some diagnostic tools that test lines, and can provide helpful data.

As this approach isn't working, I'll drop you a PM that I can get a bit more info, and see what I can find out myself.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here