cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E Work VPN disconnects keeps trying to connect every 5 minutes

mrsharpshooter
Fledgling

I’ve had a 5G home broadband plan with the above router for around 2 weeks now. I’ve managed to get every other device in the house connected to the router without issue, however it doesn’t seem to like my employers vpn which is needed to connect my work laptop to the network. It keeps trying to re establish a connection every 5 mins. Ive tried hot spotting from my phone and get the same issue. It doesn’t appear that 3 is allowing the vpn to work. For reference the VPN app is Pulse Secure. I’m currently having to keep my old landline broadband plan active in order for me to work from home. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

Martin  

5 REPLIES 5
techbloke
Active

Hi Martin

What's the signal strength like? If it's anything less than 3 bars it might well struggle to maintain a connection (I support a Citrix based VPN for work) and can find that those using mobile broadband with weak connections can have frequent dropouts, this is across all of the UK operators.

That said, it's also not a bad idea to check if there'a any network issues in your area https://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage

Three5GVPN
Regular

I am suffering from the same issue...  only with Three 5G.  No issues with other internet providers, even doing hotspot from an old phone with another provider it works fine.;  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a few discussions cropping up about issues using VPNs over Three Broadband connections recently. I'm sending everyone that has mentioned this so far a PM so that we can get you in touch with some colleagues that will verify your accounts, and gather more info to help us investigate.

If you're experiencing this issue but haven't posted yet, please add a reply so that I can get in touch, the more examples I can gather, the easier it should be for our support teams to pinpoint what's causing the issues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing issues with VPNs can you try the suggestions on the thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection  

Let me know if the info there helps.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

richh200
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, 

I too am having issues with my work VPN constantly dropping off. I've also ran speed tests, with the VPN on and off, and I barely get 2mbs with it connected.

Who can I speak to about this urgently please? I have already tried the general contact number, but didn't get anywhere.

Just to add, I've also tried many of the workarounds listed on the various thread's.

Many thanks, 

Rich