cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E No 5G Tried everything

midge5
Regular

I have the 3 Zyxel NR5103E Modem/Router and no matter what I try I cannot get 5G, I have tried all suggestions on the forums too, still no luck, I transfer my SIM to my phone and 5G pops up straight away with 3 to 4 bars of signal strength no issues, I can tether my computer to my phone but then it means I have to leave my phone at home which isn't really an option, all I get on the Zyxel is 4GLTE, the firmware is upto date using the b12 version.

Any Ideas?

Home_2023-02-13 110515.jpg

cell_info_2023-02-13 110401.jpg

• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @midge5,

That's disappointing, but we can definitely still get it sorted if you're in contract for a few months. 5G makes a huge difference to the speeds, and we don't want you to miss out. I'll send you a private message that'll link you to more help with an exchange, in case you change your mind. 

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

17 REPLIES 17
sc1999
Local celebrity

Bars on the phone are usually an indication of the voice signal strength not data. I assume that you have exhausted the skills of customer service on 333?

Last person who posted this problem got a replacement from 3 and problem solved.

midge5
Regular

I have tried but no luck there, apparently a mast issue but my phone connects no problem as mentioned (With 5G indicated along side signal strength), I have been through the "Fix a problem" and a new sim is being sent, though from what I've read this may not be helpful, will have to see I guess.

Thanks for your response.

Dazzar
Established

As I mentioned I did all the same as you and the new sim never worked , the new router did though

3Gcouk
Active

Hi

Three has a help page for this router here

There is a useful "fix a problem" tab - does that info help

https://devicesupport.three.co.uk/guides/device/Zyxel/NR5103E5GHub/#l=threeukcust&lHsim=threeukcust&...

midge5
Regular

Hi, I have just been through the "Fix a problem" page and a new sim is being sent, don't know if that will solve the issue but it's another process covered, will have to see when it arrives.

Thankyou for your response, much appreciated.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @midge5,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting, Let us know how it goes with the replacement SIM. I'll help get you in contact with some colleagues that can help further if it's still an issue.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

midge5
Regular

Hi, Replacement sim did not work in a successful 5G connection, the result is the same as my previous sim, I assume it's a faulty router but I think I will manage on the LTE until august when my contract is up.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @midge5,

That's disappointing, but we can definitely still get it sorted if you're in contract for a few months. 5G makes a huge difference to the speeds, and we don't want you to miss out. I'll send you a private message that'll link you to more help with an exchange, in case you change your mind. 

Jonathan

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Are you getting 4G on the router? It's indicated by a green globe icon on top of the router. It would be blue if you are connected via 5G. What's the signal strength bars showing on the router?

Router Icons.jpg