cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E No 5G Tried everything

midge5
Regular

I have the 3 Zyxel NR5103E Modem/Router and no matter what I try I cannot get 5G, I have tried all suggestions on the forums too, still no luck, I transfer my SIM to my phone and 5G pops up straight away with 3 to 4 bars of signal strength no issues, I can tether my computer to my phone but then it means I have to leave my phone at home which isn't really an option, all I get on the Zyxel is 4GLTE, the firmware is upto date using the b12 version.

Any Ideas?

Home_2023-02-13 110515.jpg

cell_info_2023-02-13 110401.jpg

• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @midge5,

That's disappointing, but we can definitely still get it sorted if you're in contract for a few months. 5G makes a huge difference to the speeds, and we don't want you to miss out. I'll send you a private message that'll link you to more help with an exchange, in case you change your mind. 

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

17 REPLIES 17
midge5
Regular

Hi I am getting the green globe on top of the router (4G), there has never been a blue globe, the bars on the router are also lit green (Blue during boot) and full signal.

Thankyou for your response, much appreciated.

midge5
Regular

@Anvil_Iron apologies - the bars are lit green with occasional blue, seems to switch every now and again - the globe has still always been green though and the modem/router is close to the outside window 😉

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

I see from your screenshots the bands used are B1 & B32 which are LTE bands. No mention of n bands which are 5G (see Pict). That's why the Access Technology is LTE and hence not 5G.

Out of interest, under Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular Band, what options do you have under, Preferred Access Technology?

When you had the SIM in the phone, does the status bar display 4G+ or LTE or 5G?

Cell Info.JPG

midge5
Regular

The N band is 78 I have tried switching to 5G only on this band too and it reports "connection down " I have tried setting the bands manually as suggested by some in the forums but always come up with the same result, I've also tried both auto switch settings its currently set on NR5G-SA/NR5G-NSA/4G (Auto Switch) the bars on the router are blue more often than green too, believe me I have tried pretty much every combination in an effort to get 5G up and running, including resetting the router a couple of times by holding the reset down for 15s plus and cleaning the sim as 3 suggests, will see if the new sim works when I get it in the next few days.

When the sim is in my phone (Galaxy s22Ultra 5G) the network shows as connected to 5G on the top status/notification bar and I've never seen it switch to LTE while at home. (Which suggests the sim is ok)

Dazzar
Established

I had the same problem demanded a replacement and when it arrived it connected straight away

crypt0ninja
Established

As above, the router has a hardware fault and will need replacing.

WK
Fledgling

Would you mind sharing how to get a replacement? I joined the service yesterday and recieved the router this morning, but even I try all the methods suggested here, I never get a 5G with the NR5103E. But with the same sim card in my Samsung phone, it works fine with 5G. Very depressing.

IQue
Regular

Hi did you ever get a solution to this? Just wondering if it was a hardware issue. Thanks