cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103EV2 5G broadband

ijdmorgan
Fledgling

Hi, I've just renewed my contract for 5g broadband and have recieved a new modem (NR5103EV2) Swapped out the sim from the older modem (Hauwei H122-373) nano sim to micro sim(in an adapter) The new modem doen't recognise the sim (blue light flashing)  and cant connect to the internet. I've tried a factory reset, rebooted tried reinserting the sim with no luck. Putting the sim back into older modem all works fine. I have been on chat and they were of no help and in the end suggested I take it into a nearby store. I'm thinking the modem is faulty, can anyone help with any possible solutions. Regards Iain

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ijdmorgan,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the new router. Are you able to test another SIM in the router at all? As @Spud mentioned this wouldn't need to be a Three SIM. Either way, assuming the SIMs are inserted correctly, this will help establish if the new router is faulty if it can't read any SIM.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Spud
Involved

I borrowed my son's NR5103E v1 briefly and now use a secondhand v1 I purchased. I've used my official Three SIM and two EE Network SIMS - Lycamobile and RWG. All worked fine.

For a v1 router, check the orientation for inserting the SIM by comparing it with the tiny SIM icon on the slot's cover before opening the cover. Once the cover is opened, the "helpful" icon is upside down. Plus the SIM needs to click into place (edge of a coin to push it firmly down).

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ijdmorgan,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the new router. Are you able to test another SIM in the router at all? As @Spud mentioned this wouldn't need to be a Three SIM. Either way, assuming the SIMs are inserted correctly, this will help establish if the new router is faulty if it can't read any SIM.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ijdmorgan
Fledgling

Hi, Sorted the problem, I tried another som card and the sim still didn't read it. I purchased a new adapter and notice that the sim fitted in a slightly different position, inserted the sim card and it worked. Can't believed that such a small difference would affect the operation, anyway, up and running and thank you for the suggestions 🙂

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Excellent news, glad to hear you got to the bottom of this.

Reminds me of when nano SIMs first got introduced. There were a few 3rd party retailers, and enterprising individuals, literally cutting up the larger SIM cards with lets say, inconsistent results!

I guess the first adaptor you were using just wasn't sitting in the right place, and so the SIM reader wasn't making contact properly. Unusual situation but good to know it wasn't actually a faulty router.

Thanks,
Jonathan