cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Camera won't connect to new Three 5G Router

scottkelman
Fledgling

I have been provided a new 5G router (5G THREE WIFI 6 Home Router 2022 (Zyxel NR5103)) from Three and now cannot connect any of my Nest cameras.  They keep getting a C106 error, which says that the router isn't connected to the internet.  The router is connected but it seems like there is a setting in the new router that is restricting the camera during setup.  

I only have 2.4ghz running during setup as i know that can be an issue and have gone into the router settings via IP and disabled any firewalls or anything i can see which would restrict access but i can't figure it out.  

I've been able to connect the camera to the old router (HUAWEI H122-373 5G WIFI 6 ROUTER) and even took the cameras to a friends to try and they worked fine with his router. 

Can anyone recommend anything? 

3 REPLIES 3
robh1201
Fledgling

Hi, I have the same issue. However I have had the router for a year or so and had the camera connected fine. It's only recently it's stopped working and won't reconnect when I try to add a new device in the Google app. I have another property with the same 5g router which currently works just fine with doorbell and nest cameras. I've tried connecting the camera which won't connect to my other three 5g router and it works fine. So it's definitely something to do with the 5g router. Possibly signal strength but I do get ok 4g and poor 5g mostly so should be ok. Still 30mbs approximately. 

Tried all sorts of resets of both camera and 5g box. So far no success. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @scottkelman@robh1201,

We recently started supplying IPv6 connections with that router, and are rolling this service out across our masts. There's been a few device connectivity issues reported since then, but some community members have shared a fix. If you change your APN profile to manual, and set your connection to IPv4 only this may help.

There's some advice on how to do this here including some handy screenshots in the replies: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

CaptainEddie222
Fledgling

I’ve had a massive headache trying to get some sense out of Three The new 5G router has the facility built in to run my CCTV system but it’s a poor signal because it’s in a container, I went to the shop and changed the router for the previous model which has jacks for an external antenna great now I have a fantastic signal but this router has not got the facilities to run my CCTV systems DYDNS I want a router with an external antenna jack and the capability to run my CCTV Eddie **** 07*********