Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Compatible ?

tubstar
Fledgling

Hello,

So I'm trying out Three broadband as I'm in the first 28 days... So far, so good 🙂

Except since I turned off our Virgin Media broadband and plugged in the Three hub, my Cloud Backup isn't working at all.  Its provided by Curry's store in the UK.  You just install it on the PC, which is Windows 11.  I have a ZTE MC888 hub from Three.

I've un-installed by Cloud Backup and now it won't reinstall.   It was working fine before we started using the Three broadband.   Just a bit annoying as I've shelled £50 to Curry's for another year and they're blaming Three broadband and vice versa.

Any thoughts please ?

Thanks very much

2 REPLIES 2
Spud
Involved

I have a different 5G router. Turning off IPv6 and connecting using just IPv4 is worth a try.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tubstar,

I think that this is the 1st mention of that particular software on our Community, but as @Spud says switching to IPv4 only is definitely worth a go. I also have a couple of thoughts to try and isolate where the problem might be coming from:

Are there any particular error messages, or does it just not respond whatsoever when you try to re-install this backup program?

Are you working from one PC/Laptop, or can you replicate the issue from more than one PC?

Is it the same issue on both Wi-Fi and wired connections?

Does it seem to be a router/settings related issue, for example do you have a compatible phone you can pop the SIM into, and can hotspot from?

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!