cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5, Playstation 5 not connecting

returnONE
Fledgling

I've been using the three 5G home broadband for some months and the PS5 never had any problem connecting to the internet.

Last week this problem started. It connects to the HUB but can't connect to the internet.

I've tried what was mentioned in this thread below and many others, but nothing seem to work.

PlayStation 5 

I've restarted the PS5 and hub many times, and also reset the hub once.

I've tried changing the APN to three.co.uk and 3internet

I've changed the DNS

I've changed the network name and password to something else

I've tried connecting via wi-fi and ethernet cable

I've tried to change the wi-fi to 5GHz and 2.4GHz

And if I do a hotspot with my phone the PS5 connects to the internet just fine, which shows the problem is not the PS5.

What can I do in this case?

6 REPLIES 6
returnONE
Fledgling

I forgot to add that I use the Zyxel NR5103E hub.

Firmware version V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

returnONE
Fledgling

My PS5 still won't connect. I have no idea what to do.

returnONE
Fledgling

Yesterday I changed the DNS and IP from Manual to Automatic, as I had done a couple of times already, and magically the PS5 suddenly connected again after 2 weeks of no connection.

I'm worried the problem will come back again as I have no idea what fixed it.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @returnONE,

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your post any earlier. From what we're seeing some devices are occasionally having connection issues that are fixed by either one of or a combination of setting a manual APN or to IPv4 only. FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection is another thread detailing a similar issue, and there's some handy walkthroughs from a couple of users in the replies.

Glad to hear you managed to sort it in the meantime, but that thread may help if you need to retrace your steps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SWMS
Fledgling

Anyone actually found a fix for this tried changing APN connects sometimes and sometimes psn don’t work works fine on old isp router only 2nd day in using this 

phil_75
Fledgling

Enable UPnP in router settings