cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation / PS5 / Gaming / Console

Farravi
Fledgling

Hello just purchased the 5g mobile broadband and my computer and mobile phone is connected to the internet but I’m having issues with connecting the ps5 as well as my streaming (Nvidia steam)box to the internet.  Both have issues with obtaining IP Address I believe. 

I’ve contacted the “technical team” and they brush me off saying I need to contact the manufacturer 🙄

Prior to getting three 5g mobile broadband I did not have any issues when I was using virgins broadband service until a few days ago. That service is now suspended and so I went for three mobile broadband service instead.

11 REPLIES 11
Farravi
Fledgling

having scoured the the internet I managed to find info in regards to the APN settings. A user changed the default settings from ‘3internet’ to ‘three.co.uk’ and the PlayStation is connected but it connects and disconnects, I’m thinking that has something to do with the fact that the 5g mobile broadband works only via dynamic IP address and not Static IP address?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Farravi,

Welcome to the Three Community. We'll do our best to help.

You are correct that we use dynamic IPs but this is also fairly standard even for fixed line providers, so I don't think that should stop your console or steambox from connecting.

Can you perform a couple of tests for me to see if we can narrow down where the issue is?

Does the issue occur both when connected on WiFi and via ethernet directly to the router? Are you able to test this with your SIM in a phone on hotspot to isolate if the issue is only when using the router?

Finally, if your console and steambox support it, can you check if it'll let you change the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 in their network settings menus?

Let me know how this all goes, once we have this info, I'll have a better idea of how to proceed.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

thenorthend
Regular

Did you sort this? Only today after 2 months of the hub being fine I can’t use PlayStation either, support team brush me off and say call hub manufacturer too

notseeing
Fledgling

same issue here, never had any issues. yesterday PSN stopped working, since then it hasn't worked and talking to technical team is a battle because they keep trying to brush me off that its my fault 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @notseeing,

@thenorthend has shared a solution on the thread: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub 

I've reported the overall issue and we'll look into it, but in the meantime let us know if the settings changes on that thread help with your issue too,

Thanks,
JonathanB

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @notseeing,

Hopefully you saw the workaround shared on PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub

We think we've found a solution for this, and would like to investigate further.I've sent you a private message to direct you to more help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mikes
Regular

Hi @JonathanB ,

A few weeks back I used the APN fix to be able to again access PSN.

Since Wednesday this week, I haven't been able to access PSN again. I reverted the APN change from three.co.uk back to 3internet, and this has made no difference.

During the last issue, there was something wrong Three's end with upload speeds capping at around 8kbps. My speeds now, while ok at between 60-90mbps Down and 2-9mbps Up, were about 3 times these speeds on average and have only been deteriorating. They should also be fine for me to access PSN, yet I suddenly cannot as of Wednesday this week. To be clearer though, I am able to login to PSN sometimes but I cannot access any network games, like Destiny 2, it won't connect. I also cannot read my PSN messages, yet I can access the PS Store and browse with everything loading incredibly slowly.

I've tethered to my O2 phone to check if it is the system or PSN, but I can access everything fine that way, so it is on Three's end, whatever this new issue is. Please could you suggest settings which might let me again access online play. Also, my Alexa has in parallel become less stable in streaming anything, usually just cutting off partway into a song or failing to initialise it in the first place and yet it will tell me that it is connected to the internet and everything seems fine. Any help?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Mikes,

I responded on another post about this, but just checking in here in case you missed it. I've sent you a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can raise this with a technical team that may be able to help.

It may be worth also testing hotspot from a phone with your Three SIM, to narrow down whether this is a network issue, or an issue with the router settings or software.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Faz11T
Fledgling

I cannot believe that after nearly a year of people reporting issues, this still isn't resolved. I have just signed my son up to 3 in his new home. He has connected his PS5 via WiFi and ethernet cable and it says that basically the router won't allow connexion. He had hood signal, blue light to is on the hub to say best connexion too.  His phone, laptop, ipad all working but he can't go on his ps5. neither of us are technologically advanced and we've had a freind down to look at settings on ps5 with no joy. Why is this issue not resolved yet by 3.  My son can still cancel his contract so might need to after all. What a pain. The whole point in the 3 system is plug in and go. If we need a degree in computers it's not much use. I'd need an engineer to come sort it for us because we don't understand all these changes you have to make to settings. I can't even figure out logging in to that part to do it. They should sort it, send an engineer out or do a video step by step. We'll it will be back to Virgin Internet I guess.